Like many companies across the country, Tigrett will be working from home for the next few weeks. Here are 8 daily tips to keep in mind to stay as productive as possible.
1. Wake up and get ready: Waking up late is a recipe for letting the whole day slip away. Working in your PJs may sound great, but forcing yourself to get showered and dressed in the morning will keep you in the mindset that you’re going to work and not on vacation.
2. Location matters: Find a place in your house where you can easily work, especially for intensely focused work. Ideally, your workspace should be in an area that can remain set-up for the duration of your WFH period.
3. Keep your desk clean: A dirty workspace is a distracting workspace. It’s hard enough to organize your thoughts with children, pets, and spouses running around. Make your work life easier and stay organized at your desk.
4. Prioritize your tasks: Create a list of daily and weekly tasks. Assign each task a priority level and stick to them. Clear old tasks before adding new ones to the list.
5. Take regular breaks: Set a timer on your phone for 1-2 hours as a reminder to get up and take a 15-30 min break. Move around, get some fresh air and regroup to stay productive throughout the full workday.
6. Eat healthily: As tempting as it may be to grab the carbs we’ve all stocked up on for this extended quarantine period, try to eat as healthy as your pantry will allow. Make sure you maintain your normal 3 meal schedule as well.
7. Keep normal hours: Working from home means it’s harder to “leave the office” at the end of the workday. It’s important to give yourself a hard start/stop time every day.
8. Stay connected: Working from home can be isolating especially if you live alone. Find ways to connect with colleagues and remain part of your office community.